Copyright © Southeast Georgia Friends of Fort Stewart & Hunter. All Rights Reserved.
Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield are a strategic national asset ideally situated and resourced to support training and deployment of military forces.
Our bragging rights include:
- Economic impact calculated as high as $5.2B on an annual basis
- Winner of the Army Community of Excellence Awards for 5 of the last 9 years -- 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012. (Ineligible to participate due to rules restricting consecutive wins in the years not won).
- Largest installation east of the Mississippi River. Total area is 284,834 acres. (Fort Stewart is 279,271 acre as and Hunter is 5,563 acres).
- Largest tracts of land available for construction with Non Environmental Issues to hamper completion.
- At 11,375 feet, Hunter Army Airfield boasts the longest runway on the East Coast.
- Hunter Army Airfield can accommodate 56 of the largest aircraft in the military/civilian inventory (C5/747)
- According to the US Bureau of Statistics, the Hinesville/Fort Stewart MSA is rated number 4 out of 372 MSAs nationwide in job creation. It has been ranked no lower than fifth for the last four years.
- Hinesville ranked in the Top 10 locations for Manufacturing in the nation and the only one in the South.
- Home of the first Wounded Veterans clinic opened off post by the US Army.
- Tremendous partnerships in education with local school systems, technical colleges, and universities.We take care of our troops because our troops do a great job taking care of us!